Monday, September 22, 2008

Conversations with an almost 8-year-old . . .

Sometimes talking to my children takes me down paths I never thought I'd wander. Here's a brief snippet of some of the things I've talked about with my youngest since he came home from school a mere three hours ago. . .

1. His hair isn't long enough yet, it doesn't need to be cut.
2. His teacher said today that sometimes bugs lay eggs in people's hair (I clarified this one a little - he says it was just a story, not that this happened to someone in his class. I'm still nervous).
3. His hair was cut too short.
4. The white blood cells and germs are still doing battle on his arm (this was accompanied by a "see?" at the dinner table). The following also took place at the dinner table.
5. Gettysburg was the bloodiest battle of the Civil war.
6. He can feel things happening in his small intestine, "and you know what comes next!"
7. Finally, he asked, "How can people die just by getting hit in the bottom of their brain?"

So much for asking how his day was . . .

No comments: